Friday, April 13, 2007

In Catrina's blog on lamentations she discusses that lamentations is sending a message of hope that God has a higher plan for people in devastating circumstances. I would agree with this interpretation of lamentations and I also think that lamentations shows the undivided following that the people have for God. Today, not everyone would brush off a disastrous situation with "I will let this happen to me and not rebel against it because God will take care of me and everything will be alright." I think the extreme following of God can be seen from this reading because of the apparent process of emotions that is observed; 'I'm angry that you let this happen God, I'm sorry that I've sinned, this is my fault; God you are so wonderful I know you will always be there for me." If there was not such an extreme following of God I think the people would have stopped at why did you let this happen, you did this on purpose, I needed you and you were not there for me, I'm not going to follow you any more.

No comments: