Friday, April 20, 2007

Framework

From the reading Conceptual Blending and Analogy I see the message of blending different things, ideas, or events in order to set up a framework in which to proceed to do anything whether it be development of a thought or an activity. For me setting up a framework using all of the influences on my life, friends, family, teachers, culture, etc. allows me to create a religion in my life. In using a metaphor towards my religious views, it’s a lot like team building. In team building it is important to check on everyone around you, look out for them, stay in balance, and work toward a common goal. Physically the framework comes together and can be seen like at a ropes course, where 5 people walking across a tight rope at the same time to cross a stream. The 5 people are like all parts of life influencing one another, must keep all parts together and interacting with one another to reach the goal. For me all of the influences upon my life mold together to create a framework for my beliefs in God. There is a constant pushing and pulling from different parts of my life that manipulates the total framework and the pushing and pulling in certain directions can change my ideas. Religion is not the sole focus of my life but this framework of balance between the day-to-day interactions and thought processes that occur within my life shapes everything that I am.

No comments: